For any baby, sucking is a natural, instinctive gesture that helps produce a calming and relaxing effect. It also helps pacify a crying baby. Sucking has many benefits that justify the use of the soother. In addition, paediatricians recommend its use during sleep as it is able to reduce the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).
According to the study conducted by SIDO Scientific Committee and the Chicco Observatory, the correct use of soother during the first year of the child’s life, stimulates the baby’s very first neuro-muscular movements and distributes the pressure evenly over the palate. It helps to promote correct oral development of the baby.
The suction stimulates the production of serotonin in the baby, very important in the regulation of mood and sleep and able to promote a state of calmness and peacefulness. Soother also helps in alleviating the pain caused by teeth eruption due to its rubbing mechanism over the gums.
Therefore, the soother must be designed to fit perfectly in the baby’s mouth, ensuring correct positioning of the tongue and uniformly distributed pressure of the tongue on the palate. The soother must have an orthodontic teat, designed with features that do not hamper the natural functions of the mouth thereby facilitating proper development of baby’s mouth.
Product Range & USPs
All Chicco soothers are BPA free and feature the Physio orthodontic teat. The groove and angled shape teat promotes uniform distribution of tongue pressure, favouring correct development of the palate. The tiny ridges on it encourage the natural positioning of the tongue inside the mouth. It has a super thin & soft base which ensures proper closure of baby’s mouth. The Physio teat is available in three different sizes: 0-6m, 6-16m, 16-36m, to accompany your baby’s growth.
Chicco’s Physio Soft range
- Chicco’s Physio soft range of soothers is completely soft perfect for usage both during night and day.
- The exclusive finish on the teat makes Physio Soft extra velvety and more pleasant providing “Mum-Effect”.
- Physio soft soother is a one piece construction, completely soft and does not bother the baby even when he is sleeping.
- Its breast like base allows the lips to rest comfortably and the ventilation holes allow air circulation, preventing the gathering of saliva.
Chicco’s Physio Comfort range
- Chicco’s Physio Comfort range of soothers with their extra ergonomic shape leaves wide space for baby’s nose and chin, facilitating ease of breathing
- It has only four points of contact for an extreme gentleness on baby’s face
- Wide space at base of teat facilitates natural movement of the mouth